I won an HLURB Arbitration under the Maceda Law refund but Megaworld is ignoring it. The process took almost 9 months.

HLURB does not make the process easy. I had to pay PHP 25K just to file. They refused to go into arbitration conference, relying instead on answering with counter filings. In the end we both have to submit position papers and draft resolutions.

Fortunately, I prevailed.

I have contacted MEGAWORLD several times since the award but their lawyers would not even respond to my emails. I have copied officials of Megaworld as well, and no response from them too.

Any ideas on what I could do next?

Product or Service Mentioned: Megaworld Customer Care.

Preferred solution: abide by Arbiter's decision.

I didn't like: Them, No word of honor.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 08.

Comments

I won the BOC appeal as well. Now MEGAWORLD has appealed to the Office of the President. Another delay!

to Leo #1610904

I think that's how they do it until you give up. It is obvious that they are in the wrong yet hlurb still allows them to prolong the process

Did you get your refund? Am also planning to do the same.

HLURB must be the one to collect from Megaworld and send you your refund. They can't just accept 25K filing fee and let you run after Megaworld despite of winning the case.

Anyway, maybe its best for you to contact HLURB by phone or by going to their office. Sending them an email is useless.

Update: Megaworld filed an appeal. I had to respond. It takes another 60 days for the HLURB Board to decide.

Hi- What is the process for this? I will also go through the same thing.

to STAN #1459386

File claim with HLURB. You need to know which office has jurisdiction.

You can't trust MegaWorld. I have preferred to deal with SMDC! They are a bunch of liars....

to Anonymous #1549558

That is very true. I also have a bad experience with Megaworld.

Up to now, they havent turned over my unit purchased Sept 2014. Can anybody pls help me how to file a case against them?

to AM #1554485